Monday, September 7, 2009

Test Miniature

Finally I am feeling like normal human again after being sick for the past week. Here we have after a long delay the pictures of the paint scheme I am going to use on my NAC platoon. This is the orbital artillery observer from my platoon HQ. The paint scheme is a fairly simple one Vallejo Iraqi Sand for the uniforms and Testors Model master Israeli armor sand for the armor. I was going to use a camoflauge scheme on the uniform but I thought honestly it looks better with out one and it will be a lot quicker to paint each miniature by not adding another painting step to each figure. so without further ado here are the pictures.



So I had just finished applying a layer of Testor's dullcote to to seal this miniature. A friend of mine who plays Warhammer 40k has just come over to hang out for a bit he sees this completed miniature and exclaims "Hey its a 15mm imperial guard figure." I don't play 40K (I do own some Orks you can see a box of them under this figure) so the paint scheme similarity was unintentional but I am sure the comparisons will be made. I like the colors though and I think it works well on these miniatures.

5 comments:

  1. Great paint job. Very realistic. Love the choice of colors and the finish.

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice colour scheme there! Its going to look great with a whole platoon of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice of colours. I greatly prefer a matt, neutral, gritty, 'realistic' look for military miniatures and this guys hits that nail square on. I think a platoon of these guys will look the business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Well done that man!

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I wish I'd seen this before I painted my platoon. I might have stolen this idea.

    ReplyDelete